Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Liebster Award from Kelly

I am quite flattered that Kelly from khelikarma.blogspot.ca has nominated me for this blogger award!  Kelly has a marvelous blog complete with free motion quilting tips and fabulous projects.
The nomination includes
  • Telling 11 things about yourself
  • answer the questions posed to you be the nominator
  •  choose other bloggers to nominate (must have under 200 followers)
  • create 11 questions for your nominees
once nominated link back to the blogger that nominated you so they can learn more about you.
Kelly's 11 questions:
1. What is your favorite quilt block or pattern?
  • nine patch blocks fascinate me, the possibilities are endless.
2. What is your guilty pleasure?
  • dark chocolate
3. What inspires you?
  • quilting blogs, books and fabrics.
4. Tell me about your pets!
  • Lily is my English Springer spaniel, she will be 7 years old in May 2013.  I also have a 30 gallon tank of tropical fish.  I have always had a dog, in my 32 years of marriage my first dog was an English Springer, followed by a Brittany, then I had a Chesapeake bay retriever, another Springer, a corgie mix mutt and now Lily.  I hope to add Brittany pup to the family this summer.  The only fault with dogs is that they don't live long enough.
5. What is your music of choice?
  • I love all kinds of music expect acid rock (sounds like noise to me). To name a few I enjoy Blue Rodeo, Celine Dion, Josh Groban, Trisha Yearwood, Susan Boyle, KD Lang, Toby Keith, Enya, Mozart and Beethoven.
6. Favorite vacation spot
  • Shilo golf course
7. What is the most influential book you have read?
  • Toxic Parents by Nancy Forward
8. What quilts are on your "bucket list" to make?
9. What is your favorite quilt making technique?
  • free motion quilting
10. What is your favorite color combination?
  • primary colours with white
11. What quilting tool or gadget can you not live without? (other than your sewing machine!) 
Eleven things about me
  1. I collect vintage sewing machines and currently own one dozen machines including three threadles, one singer 15-91 with a gear driven motor and 1956 Domestic Automatic by White.
  2. I make wine, reds, wines and fruity wines.
  3. I'm an avid golfer.
  4. I consider my son and daughter to be my greatest accomplishments.  They are grown-up and happily married.  Now I am waiting impatiently for grandchildren.
  5. My husband is my very best friend in the world.
  6. Tammy's craft emporium is my favourite room in the house.
  7. I believe in angels and frequently talk to them.
  8. I love to make baby quilts, bed quilts, Alzheimer's touch quilts, table cloths, dinner napkins, reusable shopping bags, dish towels as gifts because a homemade gift is more personal.
  9. My favourite colour is purple.
  10. I make soups from scratch: chicken noodle, hamburger, split pea and more. I usually give my soup away in one quart sealers.  
  11. I have a huge stash of fabric and thread, I will have to live to be 100 to use it all up.
In no particular order my nominees:
My questions:
  1. Do you have any pets, if yes please tell me about them.
  2. How many sewing machines do you have?  If you own more than one which is your favourite?
  3. If you had an entire day to do anything you desire, what would you do?
  4. What is your favourite food?
  5. Do you collect things?  If yes, what?
  6. Who is your best friend and why?
  7. What do you enjoy the most about blogging?
  8. What do you like the least about blogging?
  9. To date, what do you consider your greatest accomplishment in life?
  10. What would you do with a million dollars?
  11. What is your favourite movie?
To my dear followers, please feel free to answer any or all of these questions in the comments section of this post.  I would love to read about your favourite pets, accomplishments and dreams.

3 comments:

  1. HI Tammy,
    I have no idea what happened with the link! The one in this post is good.
    Thanks for playing along! To answer a few of your questions here:
    I have (currently) 7 machines, the only vintage one is the Featherweight my parents gave me for my birthday. The Featherweight and (both) my Viking Sapphires are my favorite machines!
    My husband is my best friend too!
    Raising our son is probably my best accomplishment. He is now 23 and on his on. He is a wonderful man and a delight in our lives.
    A million bucks? I would by some land and establish a dog sanctuary. Both my dogs (Belgian Malinois) are rescues and I would set about to rescue more if I had more room. A day to do anything I desire, that's easy! Shop hop with friends, eat an amazing lunch out, then sew into the wee hours of the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly, You have two Viking Sapphires? that is abundance in my books. I love your plan for a million bucks and your ideal day.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments give me quite a thrill. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and please have a super duper day! Unfortunately, anonymous comments are no longer allowed, there was just way too much spam.