- 1 and 1/3 cups of water
- 2 heaping teaspoons orange zest
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds or sesame seeds
- 1 cup Robin Hood multigrain bread flour
- 1 cup Bulk Barn 12 grain flour
- 2 cups 100% whole wheat flour
- 4 heaping tablespoons of wheat gluton
- Make a well in the flour then put 3 teaspoons Fleischmann's quick-rise instant yeast into the well
- optional 1/2 cup currents or raisins or dried cranberries add this ingredient when the bread machine prompts usually during the second kneading.
Set your bread machine to dough or whole wheat setting. Watch the machine as it is mixing if it appears to be dry and not forming dough properly, then add one tablespoon of water.This recipe makes too much dough to bake in the machine. Pull the dough out about two hours after it was started. It should have doubled in size. Divide in half, then shape into two loaves and put in greased bread pans. Let rise one hour or until doubled in size. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes. Check to see if its ready. I knock on the top of the loaf, it is sounds hollow it is baked. Remove from pans immediately, and cool on wire racks.
It is a good idea to wait 20 minutes before slicing. These two loaves were brushed with butter when they came out of the oven for the photo shoot.