Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Congratulations to Shannon!

My first blog follower and the winner of this fine bottle of Mezza Luna red wine bottled by yours truly on October 31, 2008.


Look what I have been playing with.  I am practicing piecing triangles for Shannon's new tye-dyed quilt.

I am not very good at it, but it is fun to piece. I only used one tye-dyed fabric and white for the triangles.  These are more detailed photos.  I also played with the decorative stitches on my triangles which I later decided was a mistake because the top stitching hides my best piecing.  Oh well, I really like the pinwheel in the middle of this photo.
 

Shannon has given me creative license to design the border and backing for her quilt.  How about a border of solid strip followed by pinwheels and solid strip.  I'm thinking the binding should match the outside solid strip.  Input here would be appreciated though not necessarily used.
Or Instead of a solid border a solid strip followed by a zig-zag middle and solid strip.


Below is a sketch of the quilt top designed by Shannon* my daughter as well the 1st prize winner for being my first blog follower.

  Another most excellent day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments give me quite a thrill. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and please have a super duper day! Unfortunately, anonymous comments are no longer allowed, there was just way too much spam.