Thursday, January 14, 2016

Reusable nylon shopping bags with matching carrying case.

Nylon zippered carrying case with climber clip.  No pattern for the case, I used a scrap from the grocery bags, the strap is PUL (diaper covers), zipper and clip from cell phone case tutorial
 The owl strap has snaps to attach to a shopping cart or purse.
There are seven bags inside with extra room for keys, wallet and/or more bags.
In April 2012, I made shopping bags for an earth day giveaway.
A Christmas gift to my dear friend Evelyn.
This pattern circa 1990s is out of print.  Fortunately, for home sewers the internet is loaded with tons of free tutorials and bag patterns
My 2016 sewing plans include three baby quilts, one toddler cape, a tutu for a five year old, two twin size bed quilts and knit tops for me.
Dear Readers, what are you sewing?

1 comment:

  1. Nice work on the bags. I especially like the idea for the bag for the bags. I've been wondering about that Pul fabric as I've researched making diapers. Your project list for this year is more ambitious than mine. I'm working on finishing 3 quilt tops.now I am hand quilting a hexie top that took years to hand piece. This may be the year it's finally a finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments give me quite a thrill. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and please have a super duper day! Unfortunately, anonymous comments are no longer allowed, there was just way too much spam.