Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Cloth Diaper Wet Bag

My fabulous daughter has decided to use cloth diapers.  Rather than using a diaper pail she asked me to make her an extra large wet bag, big enough to fit two days of soiled diapers.  What is a wet bag? Well it's a waterproof zippered bag that gets washed in the laundry.  This tutorial along with several others provide excellent instructions to do-it-yourself.  I used outdoor fabric (100% polyester) for the outside and PUL (polyurethane laminated fabric) for the liner.  Both of these fabrics are waterproof.
Two zippered pouches, a pleaded smaller one for baby clothes
 and a large PUL lined one for soiled diapers.
 The handles have two plastic snaps.
The outdoor patio fabric frays, so all the raw edges were serged.  This was a an easy fun project.  I will be making smaller ones for diaper bags to carry soiled clothes or swimming bags for wet towels.
Dear Readers, have you ever made a wet bag?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments give me quite a thrill. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and please have a super duper day! Unfortunately, anonymous comments are no longer allowed, there was just way too much spam.