Sunday, January 1, 2012

Using a treadle sewing cabinet with an electric machine

Debbie has left a new comment on your post "Husqvarna 530 Lily":
When I used a treadle cabinet for an electric machine I constantly got tangled up with the iron pedal on the bottom. Congrats on your new machines!
This is how my treadle cabinet was set up.  After the treadle machine was removed, a wooden shelf was installed for this free arm machine to sit on.   The older flatbed machines have the identical hinged pin at the back of the machine that fits into a portable carrying case or sewing machine cabinet.  These machines can be installed the same way the treadle machine was and folded down for storage.  My shelf set-up does not allow for the machine to be folded inside when not in use. 
I wrapped the electric cord that plugs into the wall and the foot pedal cord around the centre of the treadle frame then feed them up and inside the back of the cabinet to plug into the machine.
I put a small piece (2 by 4) of wood 2 inches thick under the treadle pedal.  
This prevents the treadle pedal from moving when sewing.
Works like a charm. Happy sewing all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments give me quite a thrill. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and please have a super duper day! Unfortunately, anonymous comments are no longer allowed, there was just way too much spam.