Saturday, October 15, 2011

Kenyon Slate laminate flooring in my craft emporium.

Before:  Nothing worse than wall to wall carpet in a sewing room.  This used to be our son's bedroom.
Magic sewing room closet.
 
Before the carpet was ripped out I patched, primed and repainted the damaged areas on the walls.
After:  This laminate flooring is same pattern as the basement tv area, where my cutting table, ironing board, treadmill and more sewing machines reside. 
 
The big bag in the back corner is nylon and polyester fabric I use when sewing reuseable grocery, lunch and knitting bags.  The craft emporium and the closet are not usually this tidy.  Give me a few weeks, it will have fabric bits and pieces everywhere again.
The patchwork on the floor is Lily's bed.
I moved a couple chairs out of the shots to show off the floor.
My dressmaker's form is named Dorothy.  She is wearing a shirt so she doesn't get cold.
The floor mirror is a recent addition.
Even after  adding a desk daylight lamp and a pole lamp, lighting continues to be a problem.  It was a bedroom first, with only one ceiling light.  Doug changed it to a fluorescent light when I converted it to my craft emporium.  
Photo below is the emporium overflow. It has four fluorescent tube ceiling lights, as well as that sewing machine is conveniently located for watching television while sewing.
Dancing around the room with glee!  My cup runneth over!  What's your sewing space like?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new floor! I really like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Corina, My husband teases me that the reason I love this floor is because it is the colour of dirt and dog hair.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments give me quite a thrill. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and please have a super duper day! Unfortunately, anonymous comments are no longer allowed, there was just way too much spam.