Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Jason's vegetable quilt and Shannon's quilt using my Pfaff QE 4 before she was fixed. On Shannon's quilt I changed thread colours every time the block colour changed. I was using a zig zag top stitch and a quilting blanket stitch to outline the blocks. I lost count how many times the top thread broke while using the blanket stitch. Thank goodness that the needle threader works perfectly. When I got to fmq the dark green border on Shannon's quilt, Big Bertha was skipping stitches and breaking the top thread so much, that I finished the fmq on my trusty Husqvarna (Heidi).
I quilted the Strawberry Shortcake Tutu Cute baby quilt using Big Bertha after I got the new take up. The difference was amazing. I used hot pink thread in the bobbin for all the free motion quilting. On top I used hot pink thread in the centre, then white on the white border and variegated green on the striped border. No skipped stitches at all, the top thread did not break even once with the feed dogs down using both sensor motion and spring motion feet. It was wonderful! Finally it is really fun to quilt with this machine.
I am delighted to say that my love/hate relationship with Bertha is evolving into a love/love relationship!