Wednesday, November 4, 2009

1951 Husqvarna Imperial Class 10 VS made in Sweden

Introducing "Helen" a sweet little Swedish machine with a green kind of crinkle finish.  I went to look at an old portable Singer in a wooden box with a key.   The Singer was not to my taste,  so the vendor offered me this one.



This is a bottom view.
 

Serial Number C1016591

The bobbin winder.

The throatplate and needle bar.

I am unsure what this part is called...shuttle bar?


This lever controls stitch length and reverse.


Accessories.
This machine required a good cleaning and oiling when I brought it home.  It is very heavy and sews lovely precise straight stitches forward and reverse.

1951 is the year printed in the manual.

3 comments:

  1. I love it. It is so much like my Singer 127 treadle, right down to the shuttle and bobbin (btw, found an ebay vendor with a good deal on the bobbins). Helen looks terrific and I bet she sews like a dream! Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, I recently acquired a Nordic version of this machine and have no idea how to wind the bobbin! Help??? Also it seems to be running really fast and I have no idea how to control the speed.Would it be possible to get a copy of your manual? thanks, Karen Sewell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Karen, I'm sorry I no longer have that manual as it went with the machine in 2011 and I did not make an electronic copy. However how to wind the bobbin is the same as any other shuttle bobbin. I wrote about this on a treadle machine here
      http://tammyscraftemporium.blogspot.com/2011/09/bernard-stoewer-treadle-sewing-machine.html

      there is a utube video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4PhAT--SKM this manual is for a shuttle bobbin
      http://needlebar.org/main/sident/1271283.pdf
      hope this helps you out.

      Delete

Your comments give me quite a thrill. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and please have a super duper day! Unfortunately, anonymous comments are no longer allowed, there was just way too much spam.